Collection Bureau of the Hudson Valley (“CBHV”) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. CBHV does not collect personal information about any website visitor except when knowingly provided by an individual. All personal information is kept in confidence.
Personal information submitted by using this website is done voluntarily for the purpose of making a payment or communicating with CBHV. CBHV collects bank routing information, checking account information, credit card account information, telephone numbers provided by individuals, including cell phone numbers, and e-mail addresses provided by individuals. CBHV collects this information for the purpose of communicating with individuals and for processing and executing payment transactions authorized on the payment portal section of the website. In order to verify the transaction data, we may collect information which may include the name, social security number, file or account number, and e-mail address associated with the holder of the bank account. This information is collected to ensure that the payment is appropriately applied to the corresponding account.
In order to process the request for payment we may share the information listed above with payment processing entities to complete the payment transaction. Access to your information is limited by need, and those who have access to the data have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of such information. CBHV may disclose personally identifiable information as may be required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process.
Subscriber mobile numbers will not be sold or shared.
CBHV complies with applicable privacy regulations and supports consumer, government and industry efforts to identify and resolve privacy issues. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy while using our website please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call us toll free at 1-800-745-1395.
For California Residents:
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us, Collection Bureau of Hudson Valley (“CBHV”), to notify California residents (unless an exemption applies) of the categories of personal information we collect about them, with reference to the categories set forth under the CCPA, and the purposes for which we will use such categories of personal information.
As a California consumer you have the right to request that CBHV disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells. Such a request can be made to CBHV at 1-800-745-1395 (toll free number), via our website (www.cbhv.com) or mailing us your request via letter to CBHV 155 North Plank Road, Newburgh, New York 12551. Once we receive your request, we will compare information you provided with the information we already have. If we can verify that the request came from you, we will provide the required information. We will match 2-3 identifying, personal information data points to verify that the request came from the consumer. If we cannot verify that the request came from the consumer, we will notify the consumer.
We do not sell any personal information to third parties. We do disclose information to credit reporting agencies.
The CCPA provides for the right for consumers to request deletion of their information, subject to various exceptions. The information that CBHV collects falls within an exception and does not have to be deleted upon request. Nonetheless, such a request can be made to CBHV at 1-800-745-1395 (toll-free number), via our website (www.cbhv.com), or mailing us your request via letter to CBHV 155 North Plank Road, Newburgh, New York 12551. Once we receive your request, we will compare information you provided with the information we already have. If we can verify that the request came from you, we will provide the required information. We will match 2-3 identifying, personal information data points to verify that the request came from the consumer. If we cannot verify that the request came from the consumer, we will notify the consumer.
The CCPA also provides for the right to opt out of the sale of personal information. However, we do not sell personal information.
You, the consumer, will not receive discriminatory treatment from CBHV for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA. You must provide either a power of attorney or written authorization to us.
Categories of Personal Information Collected: The relevant categories of personal information that CBHV may collect about California residents includes:
- Identifiers: Such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, Social Security number, or other similar identifiers.
- Customer records: Such as paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, etc.
- Protected classifications under California or federal law: Such as age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, etc.
- Commercial information: Such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Such as browsing history, search history, website interaction, etc.
- Geolocation date: Such as physical location or movements
- Sensory data: Such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Employment information: Such as current or past job history or performance evaluations
- Profiles or inferences: Such as profiles reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Purposes of Use: We may use the above categories of personal information as follows:
- To provide the services for which the information was provided, including to maintain and administer any of your accounts serviced by us and to process transactions and payments;
- For authentication, identity verification, and fraud prevention and detection;
- To respond to or address your questions and investigate and resolve any issues;
- To personalize your experience using our website and services;
- To improve and develop products and services, and for other research and analytics purposes;
- To respond to authorized regulatory, compliance and legal process; or
- To protect and defend our rights and interests and those of third parties including in defense of litigation and other claims against us.
Not covered by this Notice: This Notice does not address or apply to any of the nonpublic information that we collect about consumers, pursuant to an exemption under CCPA § 1798.145.
For more details and information about the personal information we collect and how we collect, use and disclose such personal information (as defined by the CCPA) and your rights regarding such personal information, please call us, toll-free, at 1-800-745-1395.
Policy Updated September 8, 2022.